Our annual LAP-A -THON will be held TUESDAY, JUNE 9 during regular practice time. Our amazing team is a non-profit program. The funds raised help keep fees down, swim in our incredible pool, and have equipment for training. This Lap-A-Thon is a FUNdraiser & FRIENDraiser! We want to thank our swimmers for being a part of the Marlins family with a fun-filled morning. Besides challenging ourselves to swim as many laps as we can, we will be enjoying great food, and cheering on our teammates as they push towards swimming their laps! FUNbus Snowie will be onsite selling snow cones!
Your participation in the lap-a-thon, and Parent volunteers to make it happen
Lap-A-Thon 2020 Guide for Swimmers & Families
HOW DO I GET SPONSORS?
Getting pledges is your most important job because it is the sponsors who will be donating money to our swim team. This is probably easier than you think – most people are happy to help! The key is to ask. The donations can be made online or the good old fashioned way by cash or check made out to Brushy Creek Marlins. When making a donation online remember to mention which swimmer you are donating on behalf of so they get the credit.
There will be fun prizes awarded to the swimmers based on the amount of laps, pledges and donations raised.
FOR PARENTS: WHAT DO WE NEED TO DO?
- Assist your child (if needed)
- VOLUNTEER! Your assistance is needed to help donate food, count swimmers laps, etc. Please sign up! Marlins can’t happen without participation from our families.
Bring a savory or sweet treat to share!
- If your last name begins with A-I, please bring donuts, muffins or pastries
- If your last name begins with J-P, please bring something fruit
- If your last name begins with Q-Z, please bring something salty/savory
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER JUNE 9?
- Keep asking for pledges! In order to receive prizes, donations need to be turned in by TBD. However, we can still accept donations until Invitationals on June 28.
- Prizes will be awarded at practice.
Prizes for 2020!
- Individual prizes for participation
- Small prizes for number of pledges or laps
- Larger prizes based on money collected
- Tent that collects the most money will have a party at Divisionals!
- Grand prizes for the top earners
Feel free to send any questions to email@example.com