- What ages can swim with the Brushy Creek Marlins?
- When does registration start?
- How much does it cost to be a Marlin?
- Is there additional merchandise for purchase?
- What if I have a returning Marlin and a new Marlin? Can I register them both at the same time?
- Is swimmer insurance covered in the Marlins registration fee?
What ages can swim with the Brushy Creek Marlins?
Swimmers must be at least 5 years of age as of September 1. Swimmers may not be older than 17 years of age as of May 1. Swimmer age categories are determined by swimmer age as of May 1. On occasion, with coach consent, younger swimmers can be team members, provided they can swim the length of the pool by the cut-off date (mid-May). Coaches will determine if the swimmer’s ability meets minimum standards and will make recommendations to the Board of Directors.
When does registration start?
- Currently registration is not open. Once it is, there will be a page under the 'Home' tab where you can fill out the registration form.
- The first wave typically opens up around the beginning of February.
- There are three waves of registration:
- Wave 1 - MUD Residents
- Wave 2 - Returning swimmers
- Wave 3 - New Families
- Spots fill up quickly so we HIGHLY recommend you mark your calendars and register at the start of your wave in order to secure a spot. We typically do have a waitlist that the registrar will monitor.
How much does it cost to be a Marlin?
- The cost of registration is determined each season so we do not currently have that information. We hope to have that towards the start of 2023. At that time, the website will be updated.
- There is a discount for families with multiple swimmers.
- No refunds will be given after the first 2 weeks of scheduled practice sessions
- Each swimmer receives a Marlins t-shirt as part of their registration fee.
Is there additional merchandise for purchase?
A variety of additional merchandise will be available for purchase during registration, at the kick-off event, and at meets, such as Marlins Swim Caps, goggles, Marlins water bottles, etc.
What if I have a returning Marlin and a new Marlin? Can I register them both at the same time?
Yes, families with at least one returning Marlin swimmer are considered returning families, and should register the returning swimmer first, then add the new swimmers as needed.
Is swimmer insurance covered in the Marlins registration fee?
Yes, part of your registration fee per swimmer includes insurance as determined through the Northwest Swim Circuit.