- What ages can swim with the Brushy Creek Marlins?
- When does registration start?
- How much does it cost to be a Marlin?
- Is there additional merchandise for purchase?
- What if I have a returning Marlin and a new Marlin? Can I register them both at the same time?
- Is swimmer insurance covered in the Marlins registration fee?
- What is the difference between a record breaker and record holder?
- What is the difference between an 'Aging Out Swimmer' and 'Senior Swimmer'?
What ages can swim with the Brushy Creek Marlins?
- A swimmer must be at least 5 years of age as of September 1 of the current swim calendar year. On occasion, with coach consent, younger swimmers can be team members, provided they can swim the length of the pool by the cut-off date (mid-May). Coaches will determine if the swimmer’s ability meets minimum standards and will make recommendations to the Board of Directors.
- A swimmer age categories (ex: 6&U, 7-8, 9-10, etc) are determined by swimmer age as of May 1.
- A swimmer who is under 18 as of May 1st is eligible to swim on the Marlins team.
- A swimmer who is 18 as of May 1st is ineligible to swim on the Marlins team.
- A swimmer who will not be eligible to swim the following summer is an aging out swimmer.
- A swimmer that is aging out and swims their last eligible season will be recognized at the end of the season celebration.
When does registration start?
- Registration for the 2024 season is not open. When registration opens, go to our 'Home' page and find sub-page 'Registration'. Here you can fill out the registration form.
- There are three waves of registration. Dates for the 2024 season are below:
- Wave 1 (February 6 - 19) - MUD Residents ONLY
- Wave 2 (February 20 - March 4) - Returning families (had a swimmer on the team last season)
- Wave 3 (March 5 - Until Full) - New families
- Spots fill up quickly so we HIGHLY recommend marking your calendars and register at the start of your wave in order to secure a spot. We typically do have a waitlist that the registrar will monitor.
How much does it cost to be a Marlin?
- The cost of registration is determined each season. For the 2023 season, the prices were:
- $220 - 1st Swimmer
- $210 - 2nd Swimmer
- $200 - 3rd Swimmer
- $190 - Additional Swimmers
- The rates may change for the 2024 season. More to come.
- No refunds will be given after the first 2 weeks of scheduled practice sessions
- Each swimmer receives a Marlins t-shirt as part of their registration fee.
Is there additional merchandise for purchase?
A variety of additional merchandise will be available for purchase during registration, at the kick-off event, and at meets, such as Marlins Swim Caps, goggles, Marlins water bottles, etc. Caps will be discounted at registration and at the Back to Swim Bash. After that, they will be sold at a non-discounted price.
What if I have a returning Marlin and a new Marlin? Can I register them both at the same time?
Yes, families with at least one returning Marlin swimmer are considered returning families, and should register the returning swimmer first, then add the new swimmers as needed.
Is swimmer insurance covered in the Marlins registration fee?
Yes, part of your registration fee per swimmer includes insurance as determined through the Northwest Swim Circuit.
What is the difference between a record breaker and record holder?
Any swimmer that breaks a record in any meet leading up to the Championship meet will receive a record breaker cap. The last swimmer to break a record during the season or championship meet will receive a plaque and be recognized as the Marlins record holder.
What is the difference between an 'Aging Out Swimmer' and 'Senior Swimmer'?
An 'Aging Out Swimmer' is a swimmer who is 17 as of May 1st. A 'Senior Swimmer' is a swimmer who is entering their Senior year of high school after the summer season.