From a young age, Coach Alec has loved the sport of swimming. His first year as a summer league swimmer was in 2005, and he hasn't missed a summer since. Throughout high school, he continued swimming, both as team captain at St. Dominic Savio and as a swimmer with the Sailfish. He is now a certified USA Swimming Coach and has been working with the Sailfish and Marlins going on 7 years. This year, he is excited to share his passion for swimming and lessons learned along the way with the swimmers he works with every day.
Chris has been with the Marlins since 2002, starting as a parental volunteer position of timer, stroke judge, coach liaison to the board and board member in the 4 years prior to becoming head coach and now entering his 18th year as a coach. As of 2021 he has participated in 141 summer league meets. having missed one dual meet (because of a training trip to the Olympic center) in the 21 years he has been involved with summer league. (18 years coaching and 4 years as a parent volunteer). This gives him the unique perspective of having observed the Marlin organization from both a volunteer and professional point of view for over two decades now. The very first thing that really stood out about this team was what he saw at the very first meet. He saw swimming with tremendous heart. Add to that the fact that Marlin parents are well known for their hard work, friendliness and organization, and they have all the ingredients a good coaching staff needs to encourage athletes to become winners. And we have a very good (loyal, dedicated and cohesive) coaching staff.
So as we move the bar of excellence higher each year, he is humbled and truly blessed to have the opportunity to work with such an outstanding organization. He prays that he can continue the cycle of returning to this community the many blessings he has received turning people into swimmers, swimmers into winners and winners into champions each summer. :-)
- CK Swimming LLC, Founder, Owner and Head Swim Program Developer, 2009-present
- (ASCA) American Swimming Coaches Association lifetime member (ASCA Level 5;3). Only 7% of the swim coaches in the USA have reached this level.
- South Texas LSC General Chair 2018-2022.
- (EIM) Ethics and Integrity in Ministry
- (NFHS) National Federation of State High School Associations Accredited Interscholastic Coach.
- (NISCA) National Interscholastic Swimming Coaches Association Member
- USA Water Polo lifetime member, player/coach certified
- Team USA Safe Sport Training
- Certified Aquatic Director.
- American Red Cross Certified First Aid/CPR/AED
- Sailfish USA year-round swim team, Founder and Head Coach, 2009- present
- St. Dominic Savio Catholic High School,Founder andHead Coach, 2012-2018, 2017 Boys & Girls State Champions, 2018 Girls State Champions
- Polo Bear Water Polo Club,Founder and Coach, 2015-2018
- Brushy Creek Marlins, Head Coach, 2006-present, 12/15 Championship wins
- (OCPE) Off Campus PE in Leander ISD Approved instructor for 7th-12th grade and
- (OCPE) Off Campus PE in the Round Rock ISD,Approved instructor 9th-12th grade
Coach Jacob swam for over 13 years on both Summer League and Club teams. He was a two-time recipient of the Marlin of the Year and was the team captain of the St. Dominic Savio men's team the year they won the state championship.
Coach Jacob has been coaching Marlins and Sailfish for the past 5 years. He is a USA Swimming certified coach and is ASCA certified to Coach 8 & Under swimmers. His passion for swimming flourished when he joined Sailfish and Marlins in 2013, where he connected with the swimmers, coaches, and team philosophy. He values the experience he learned from swimming and hopes that as a Coach, he can guide swimmers to enjoy swimming as much as he did.
Coach Jacob currently attends Austin Community College where he plans on obtaining a degree in Health Sciences.
Coach Allison has been swimming for 9 years. Allison has been on the Sailfish swim team since she was nine, and the Brushy Creek Marlins since she was 10. She has also swam competitively for Vista Ridge High School.
Coach Allison interned for the Brushy Creek Marlins in 2021, and became an official Marlins coach in 2022. She values all she has learned as a coach and as a swimmer and hopes she can use this knowledge to share and spread her passion for swimming.
Coach Allison started attending Texas A&M in the Fall of 2022 and she plans to study microbiology.
Coach Max has been swimming for 13 years. He swam competitively for the Round Rock High School team for all four years of high school, as well as played water polo.
As a coach, Max aims to share his leadership skills to show others what it means to be a part of the Marlins team. He appreciates what he learned while being a swimmer on the team and hopes to share his knowledge with everyone else.
Coach Max started attending Texas A&M in the Fall of 2022 and plans to get a bachelors in communications with a minor in performance studies.